Welcome to the Kids and Cancer Benefit Run!
2016 “Harley of Hope” Unveiled
The 2016 “Harley of Hope” is a two-tone Deep Jade Pearl and Vivid Place Road King. It features Harley Davidson Rushmore styling which includes the High Output 103 engine, 6-speed transmission, electronic cruise control, king size detachable windshield, impeller cast aluminum wheels, one touch saddlebags, and much more. The Road king is a great motorcycle and appeals to a wide variety of motorcycle enthusiasts.
Results from the 18th Annual Run!
The Kids and Cancer Benefit Run held on July 25, 2015 was a resounding success! The weather was perfect and the turnout was tremendous! A heartfelt thank you goes out to all who participated in making this year’s run a success.
Here are the Raffle Winners from this year:
- “Harley of Hope” motorcycle — Kyle Freer, Smethport, PA
- 2 tickets to the Zippo 200-Cheez-It 355 @ Watkins Glen + $250 cash — Alexis Benjamin, Duke Center, PA
- $250 Gift Card to Harley-Davidson of Jamestown — John Brown, Bradford, PA
- 2 tickets to the Zippo 200-Cheez-It 355 @ Watkins Glen — Tina Armstrong, Conewango, NY
- Corn Hole set made and donated by KC Committee Member David Monroe — Paul Kloc, E. Aurora, NY
Congrats everyone! THANK YOU one and all for your overwhelming support this past year…..see you in July 2016.
Pictures from the 2015 Annual Run are now available here. All proceeds go to the Kids and Cancer Benefit Run.
2015 Kids & Cancer Run Bowie Knife
This one of a kind Bowie knife, displayed in a beautiful cherry dome box with accompanying lighter and pin set ~ donated by Case Cutlery Co. ~ was auctioned off at the 18th Annual Kids & Cancer Motorcycle Benefit Run on July 25! High bidder was Myron West of Warren, PA with a winning bid of $925. THANK YOU Myron! The knife was made at the Case factory in Bradford, PA by Mike DuBois. Key knife features of this knife are a rattlesnake jigged synthetic handle and nickel silver diamond shaped inlays.
Mike works in the Case Model shop and has been a Case employee for 41 years. He is a creative and talented artisan and has personally designed all of the Kids & Cancer Case knife auction items featured in the past. He is known and respected for the beauty of his one-of-a-kind offerings, as well as the quality workmanship found in each of the knives that he hand-crafts.
Some Stats To Be Proud Of ~ Past 17 Runs
- Kids & Cancer has granted financial assistance to families in the amount of ~ $151,690
- Kids & Cancer has granted monies to 10 different medical facilities ~ $139,373
- The grand total that Kids & Cancer has granted over the past 17 years ~ $291,063
- We have purchased (and raffled) 9 Harley-Davidson motorcycles at a cost of $143,654
- Total Run Participants ~ 7,254. At an average of 120 miles per run, with 7,254 participants = total of 870,490 miles ridden
THANK YOU for helping us to help them! We could not do this without YOU!!
The Kids and Cancer Run initially started in 1998 as a way to share, with other motorcyclists, the physical beauty of our area and the freedom of “cruising” the roads in and around the Allegheny National Forest and the Kinzua Dam area in Northwestern Pennsylvania and Southwestern New York. One of the goals, of course, was to generate funds for charitable causes but also to promote the tourist attractions of the area from the biker’s eye.
10,000+ individuals have participated in the past seventeen Benefit Runs. They have come from Germany, Canada, Arizona, Florida, Texas, Indiana, Nebraska, North and South Carolina, Ohio, New York, Maryland and Pennsylvania. In 2006, the Kids and Cancer Benefit committee decided to add another aspect to the activities and has sponsored a motorcycle raffle each year since then. These raffles have not only generated additional charitable contributions, but have enabled those who do not ride to become involved.
Through the generosity of Run participants and raffle tickets purchasers, Kids & Cancer Committee has been able to donate over $250,000 since 1998 to individuals, medical facilities, cancer related organizations, and various service clubs that benefit kids and their families. A grateful thank you is extended to all those who have supported or participated in our activities because it is your dollars that have helped so many.
The 17th Annual Run held on July 19 was a great success:
- 250 bikes participated
- Nearly $60,000 raised
- Grand Prize ~ 2014 HD custom painted Switchback ~ Bridget Pascarella, Bradford, PA
- 2nd prize ~ 2 tickets to Watkins Glen August Race weekend, plus $250 cash ~ Ken Groce, Shippenville, PA
- 3rd prize ~ $250 gift card to Harley-Davidson of Jamestown (NY) ~ William Grecyn, Tully, NY
- 4th prize ~ 2 tickets to Watkins Glen August Race weekend ~ Jim Roggenbaum, Bradford, PA
You can view and purchase pictures of the 2015 Kids and Cancer Benefit Run here.
Harley-Davidson of Jamestown employee raises $1,535 for Kids & Cancer.
See the story in the Post-Journal
Click here to listen to the WESB Live Line interview with Anne Holliday about the 2015 event Select the event dated 07-21-15 from the list
Donate to Kids and Cancer Benefit Run
You can make a donation to Kids and Cancer Benefit Run in two ways. You can use the link below to make an online donation to the Kids and Cancer Benefit Fund at the Cattaraugus Region Community Foundation, or you can mail your donation check (payable to CRCF with Kids and Cancer in the memo line) to 120 N. Union St., Olean, NY 14760. You may also use the “Make a Memorial” button on our home page.
For your protection, all online transactions are completed through PayPal, a secure payment service. Once you have submitted your credit card information, you can indicate that your donation is for the Kids and Cancer Benefit Fund and specify whether you’re giving in honor or memory of someone and if you’d like an acknowledgement sent. You do not have to join PayPal to make a donation this way. If you experience any problems making your gift online, contact PayPal at 888-221-1161.