Welcome to the Kids and Cancer Benefit Run!
20th Anniversary Run!
Saturday, JULY 22nd, 2017
Registration 9am to 11:45am at Zippo-Case South Parking Lot, Congress St., Bradford, PA
For more information go to “Event Information” page
2017 Harley of Hope Harley-Davidson Dyna Lowrider
For information on the 2017 “Harley of Hope” and to purchase tickets go to the EVENT INFO page or click here.
Results from the 19th Annual Run!
The Kids and Cancer Benefit Run held on July 23, 2016 was a resounding success! The weather was perfect and the turnout was tremendous! A heartfelt thank you goes out to all who participated in making this year’s run a success.
Here are the Raffle Winners from this year:
- “Harley of Hope” motorcycle — Alison Connolly of Springville, NY
- 2 Glen tickets/$250 cash – Joe Tomaszewski, Gowanda, NY
- $250 Gift Card to Harley-Davidson of Jamestown –Jim Bartlett, Gowanda, NY
Congrats everyone! THANK YOU one and all for your overwhelming support this past year…..see you in July 2017 for our 20th anniversary run!
Some Stats To Be Proud Of ~ Past 17 Runs
- Kids & Cancer has granted financial assistance to families in the amount of ~ $151,690
- Kids & Cancer has granted monies to 10 different medical facilities ~ $139,373
- The grand total that Kids & Cancer has granted over the past 17 years ~ $291,063
- We have purchased (and raffled) 9 Harley-Davidson motorcycles at a cost of $143,654
- Total Run Participants ~ 7,254. At an average of 120 miles per run, with 7,254 participants = total of 870,490 miles ridden
THANK YOU for helping us to help them! We could not do this without YOU!!
The Kids and Cancer Run initially started in 1998 as a way to share, with other motorcyclists, the physical beauty of our area and the freedom of “cruising” the roads in and around the Allegheny National Forest and the Kinzua Dam area in Northwestern Pennsylvania and Southwestern New York. One of the goals, of course, was to generate funds for charitable causes but also to promote the tourist attractions of the area from the biker’s eye.
10,000+ individuals have participated in the past seventeen Benefit Runs. They have come from Germany, Canada, Arizona, Florida, Texas, Indiana, Nebraska, North and South Carolina, Ohio, New York, Maryland and Pennsylvania. In 2006, the Kids and Cancer Benefit committee decided to add another aspect to the activities and has sponsored a motorcycle raffle each year since then. These raffles have not only generated additional charitable contributions, but have enabled those who do not ride to become involved.
Through the generosity of Run participants and raffle tickets purchasers, Kids & Cancer Committee has been able to donate over $250,000 since 1998 to individuals, medical facilities, cancer related organizations, and various service clubs that benefit kids and their families. A grateful thank you is extended to all those who have supported or participated in our activities because it is your dollars that have helped so many.
The 17th Annual Run held on July 19 was a great success:
- 250 bikes participated
- Nearly $60,000 raised
- Grand Prize ~ 2014 HD custom painted Switchback ~ Bridget Pascarella, Bradford, PA
- 2nd prize ~ 2 tickets to Watkins Glen August Race weekend, plus $250 cash ~ Ken Groce, Shippenville, PA
- 3rd prize ~ $250 gift card to Harley-Davidson of Jamestown (NY) ~ William Grecyn, Tully, NY
- 4th prize ~ 2 tickets to Watkins Glen August Race weekend ~ Jim Roggenbaum, Bradford, PA
You can view and purchase pictures of the 2015 Kids and Cancer Benefit Run here.
Donate to Kids and Cancer Benefit Run
You can make a donation to Kids and Cancer Benefit Run in two ways. You can use the link below to make an online donation to the Kids and Cancer Benefit Fund at the Cattaraugus Region Community Foundation, or you can mail your donation check (payable to CRCF with Kids and Cancer in the memo line) to 120 N. Union St., Olean, NY 14760. You may also use the “Make a Memorial” button on our home page.
For your protection, all online transactions are completed through PayPal, a secure payment service. Once you have submitted your credit card information, you can indicate that your donation is for the Kids and Cancer Benefit Fund and specify whether you’re giving in honor or memory of someone and if you’d like an acknowledgement sent. You do not have to join PayPal to make a donation this way. If you experience any problems making your gift online, contact PayPal at 888-221-1161.